Regal Burgers Slovakia
Located alongside the idyllic Hviezdoslavovo square between the northern banks of the Danube and old town, Regal Burger in Bratislava proves the existence of a noteworthy burger scene in Slovakia and the power of this American Sandwich as it makes its way round the world.
The folks at Regal Burger pride themselves on sourcing their produce, particularly the meat, directly from local Slovak farms. Staff are
incredibly inviting and friendly. A reference to Slovakias fantastic new tourism slogan “best friends forever” wouldn’t be misplaced in describing their level of amicability.
A look at their menu. Price guide (6 eur = under $10AUD). Surprisingly reasonable and they even have gluten free buns.
Onto the burg. In a nutshell – honest, faithful with hints of an intricate
– Pickles (uhorka) were expectedly great
– Cheese was not as smoked as the Sydney varieties have conditioned us to expect but very good.
– Milk Bun is slightly glazed and topped with a modest amount of sesame seeds
– Their double classic with bacon expectedly tipped the scales towards the meaty, still a hearty and rewarding undertaking for seasoned connoisseurs
– The chef was on the slightly lighter end but the juicy Lucy made for a delectable inclusion, along with the umami mayo and teriyaki bacon, the balance was quite exquisite
– The veggie classic, comprised of eggplant, mushrooms and bbq vegetables. Hey if you’re looking for a vego burger, eggplant has that meaty consistency. The veggie special also has a sheep cheese alternative for those who’ve acquired the taste
If you’re burgerhopping your way through Europe and hitting Slovakia, Regal Burgers is definitely worth the drop in if you’re in the area, and a worthy addition to any culinary trail.
OC Eurovea, 1. poschodie, Pribinova 8, Staré Mesto,
Post by TL