March into Merivale is Merivale’s annual event (now in its seventh year) where the Merivale Group throws a large street fest style party with all of Merivale’s operations come together to celebrate its food culture and people. Every year, without fail MIM is a fantastic vibey time with great eats and a lively atmosphere. 2015 is no different and we’re already looking for to the next big thing; Just Desserts this coming Wednesday (4th March 2015)
March into Merivale is a big scale party event and Angel Place is all adorned with ballons and neon. It’s the start of this 5 week celebration of Merivale’s food and venues.
A big part of MIM is all the staff that get together from the various Merivale restaurants and eateries. From Felix, Elloco, Palings, MsG’s, MrWongs, Est, Lorraine’s Patisseries, Sunlee Thai and more. All of Merivale is here at the Ivy. $45 nets you 8 tokens which you can use to buy various eats at the kiosks popping up and there’s plenty to be had, from savouries, sweets to cocktails.
Oyster shucking in Felix.
Jamon Gruyere and Truffle Empanadas were amazing.
Rocher Chocolates from Lorraine’s Pattiserie was our favourite thing for the evening. They’re pretty special and we’re super hyped for Just Desserts because ofthese.
Palings Kitchen and bar does an Macaron Icecream Sandwich – the Hazelnut Banana was a delightful and ginormous sweet treat.
Charcuterie Plate from Felix was a great pick with a tasty terrine and pickles.
March into Merivale’s Launch was a lot of fun and the hashtag #MarchintoMerivale on instagram showcases the range of eats and the great times Sydney had at the launch. We also checked out @patrickfriesen (that fried chicken noodle popup by Papi Chulo’s Patrick Friesen). There was some serious fried chicken and next level wontons there. They were really delicious.
More MarchintoMerivale 2015 events.
- Just Desserts, Wednesday 4 March, Establishment: An evening of sweet indulgence with best desserts from Mr Wong, est., Lorraine’s Patisserie, Ms.G’s and Merivale Events.
- Around the World with Merivale Wines, Wednesday 11 March, ivy: A global tasting expedition with Merivale’s world class wines, hand-selected by renowned sommelier Franck Moreau and accompanied by the finest cheeses.
- Coogee Foreshore Festival, Sunday 15 March, Coogee: Local seaside celebration at the Coogee Pavilion. It’s ground floor will be transformed into a bustling marketplace filled F+B stalls. Games area will be home to face painting, magicians keeping the kiddiess entertained. Merivale pop-ups of Papi Chulo, Mr Wong, El Loco and sushi e will spill out onto the promenade. This will also feature roaming entertainment, a Deus surfboard shaping stand and more.
- European Laneway, Wednesday 18 March, ivy: The magic of Europe transforms ivy’s laneway with the finest French, Spanish, Greek and Italian influenced dishes from Bistrode CBD, Felix, Ash St. Cellar, Uccello, Lorraine’s Patisserie and Palings.
- Wok On!, Wednesday 25 March, Establishment: An urban party bursting with the sights, smells and tastes of Asia. Featuring hip hop beats, neon installations and stalls from Ms.G’s, Mr Wong, Mr Wong Dim Sum, Sunee’s and sushi e.
To find out more about the events forthcoming and there’s 50 this year at Merivale. Head to Merivale’s Website